Monday, October 26, 2009

Called to repentance


OK Larisa, this one's for you.

I've been called to repentance for my blog-slacking. I commit to all you cyber-followers (and I know there are soooo many of you following my blog) that I will do better!

First off: Nate passed the Nevada State Bar Exam!! That is no small feat, and we could not be more joyful about the news. Waiting for the results tied my stomach in knots and made my heart jump into my throat anytime anyone mentioned it, so my insides are especially grateful all this is over. We are so humbled, so grateful, and we feel so blessed. Thanks for all your love, faith, prayers and concern! Also, Nate has been working as a clerk for a NV State Court Judge since August and plans on continuing as a clerk for another year or two. I have to say, it is so liberating and exciting to be able to make plans beyond this at this point in our lives. We are enjoying life.

Second off: We are in our new place. We are renting a cute house in Henderson, Nevada, and we are loving it. Sydney said the other day: "Mom, I'm starting to like our house, it's starting to feel like home. Thanks for making a good choice." Excellent! I could use more affirmations like that from her; like how about "Mom, I'm so glad you made this dinner tonight, I am starting to enjoy eating various delicious vegetables and meats prepared in different ways." (Well I can dream, can't I?)

Third off: I love Magic Erasers. And Windex. I don't know which one is more valuable to my regular cleaning regimen, but I know I'd be at a sad loss without them.

Fourth off: Living in Vegas is busy and fast-paced. Much busier than I remember it from when we lived here before. How thankful we are to be surrounded by so much supportive family and friends. We love everyone here so much.

Last off: We miss our friends in Kentucky! I still have moments where I'll think of someone or something from our time in Kentucky and I get this lump in my throat and this pain in my stomach that makes me miss things so tremendously. Kentucky represents such a tender period of our lives, and we cherish the time we had there.

More to come, all you avid blog-followers! P.S. The image at the top is of the Regional Justice Center, aka the courthouse where Nate works. His office is waaaay up towards the top. Great views from the hallway windows...

8 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

You are so cute!! So happy for Nate, that he passed, I know how hard that was for you! Glad your insides can relax. I love that your back in Vegas. can't wait to see more posts.

Kacy said...

I'm so happy that things are going well for your family! I love that you guys are back in town. Keep up the posts!! :)

McKinlay Family said...

Finally! I do check often to stalk you. I want some pictures of your cute girls next, and they are awfully cute. xoxo

Wendy said...

So happy for you and your beautiful family. Congrats to Nate and I am glad to see a new blog!

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Yay for an update! Best news ever about the bar...NV is a tough one! Tell Nate congrats from us!

Melissa Sebourn said...

I'm glad you're back, the internet has been missing you. Kentucky misses you too, still I'm glad you guys are getting settled in. :)

Jared & Larisa said...

Hooray for the updated blog!!! (and I'm so honored to be mentioned by name :) ) We can't wait to come see your cute new house for Thanksgiving. I was talking to Kyser about it today and he was so excited!! Love you tons and congrats again to Nate.

The Sorensens said...

Hurray for passing the bar!!! Hurray for being in a house that Sydney loves!!! Hurray for cleaning supplies that get the job done!!! Glad things are going well for you!