
Yes, it's that time again and yes, we own this movie and have watched it about 7 times in the past few days. I posted too early about it last time as some of you may recall, and when things didn't pan out so well I felt a little sheepish. (This was sometime in April of this year.) So I decided this time I'd save daily drafts and then post a final blurb when it was all said and done.
Monday, Nov. 2nd, DAY 1:
Holly responded to an hour on the potty with some frightful wailing and gnashing of teeth this morning, but once I got our princess dolls involved (having them act out how proud they were of her and especially of them having to use the potty themselves), she got happy about the whole potty experience. Proper motivation is key.
Sydney is on track break, which is mostly a good thing because I don't have to leave the house, but also a bad thing because she tends to like to be entertained. At least given a decent amount of attention. So I was pleasantly surprised that she was helpful, supportive and kind most of the day and didn't have any major meltdowns (and there were several) until after dinner.
Overall: I am tired and don't feel like doing this again for the rest of the week. Potty training would be a lot easier if spouses could also take the week off and you could spell eachother off every 4 hours or so. Ahh, in a perfect world!
DAYS 2 & 3:
Several accidents on day 2, only one on day 3. I think it's safe to say the diapers are gone! We are happy around here!!
Seriously, the cutest thing is Holly's little determined face when she gets on the potty. All business, and sometimes she'll say: "I can do it, Mom." So awesome. Potty training has given her all sorts of grown-up confidence and swagger in a matter of days.
So we are not finished with potty training, but I'd say we're well on our way.
WAY TO GO, HOLLY!
6 years ago
5 comments:
Funny, I did the same thing--posting a little too early about potty success. Our trip to Utah caused some serious backtracking. We are still buying diapers in bulk. Is Holly in a big-kid bed now?
Holly has been loving the big-kid bed for several months now; sort of out of necessity once we moved in with Nate's Grandma, we switched her to a twin bed. And she and Sydney share a room, also something started over the past few summers out of necessity and then we carried it through in our new place. We miss you guys!! Don't worry, Joann is a genius, when she's ready, the potty will be there waiting for her :)
Congrats to Holly, I know that she's well on her way. Things are going pretty good here . . . I'll keep you posted :)
Wow! I remember thinking..."Why didn't anyone tell me that potty training was so hard." The actual process seems to last a long time. I consider potty training a success once they are old enough to go by themselves and every time make it in the toilet. And make it through the night. For about 4 months after starting Jack with the toilet he would have accidents on the floor randomly through out the week. He is past that now but we are making sure and we look forward to cleaning our carpets professionally once we are positive he is done with the accidents. Maybe its a boy thing. :-) So glad we make it through the tough times so they can gain their independence.
We have that potty movie too! How old is Holly? I hate changing diapers but I dont think Natalie's quite ready yet.... but maybe she could be?
Post a Comment