Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today was a good day


So we did a lot of running around, but as I sit here at the end of the day, I realize that today was a good day.

I scored a few really adorable things from Carter's for the girls, including that cute little dress in sizes for both girls. I really love seeing my girls running around in summer dresses.

BYU managed to eek out a win today, which of course is very very good news around our house! Sydney was like, "I have to call Dad to tell him, can I call him Mom??"

We spent a glorious afternoon at the park. Today was one of the most gorgeous days a person could order up. We've had a few of those in a row this week, and we have absolutley spent time outside enjoying them.

On the way home, Sydney kept saying how happy she was that this little boy she was playing with is finally her good friend. She confessed she may "l-o-v-e" him, but I helped her understand that she probably has a "crush" on him. She said she was going to tell him. I told her if she told him, he may not want to play with her anymore. She decided she will definitely not tell him. :)

After the park, the girls were filthy since they played most of the time in the volleyball sandpit, so as soon as we got home, into the bath they went. They spent most of the time giggling, laughing, and playing adorably. (This does not happen all the time, which is why I was enjoying it so much). I overheard them doing "Dot, dot, line, line, spider's crawling up your spine..." to each other and cracking up. It kept me smiling the whole time they were in the tub. (Again, something that does not happen for me every time they get in the tub.)

And tonight, our ward put on a very delicious, very fun Relief Society activity: Cafe Rio style salads, festively (think spring and Easter)-decorated cupcakes, and a boisterous, successful service auction. I scored a free haircut and a free photo shoot for our newborn baby girl, when the time comes.

Cute clothes, a BYU win, great weather, first crushes, happy tub time, delish dinner, and fun with friends. Yeah, today was a good day.

4 comments:

Schagel Family said...

That sounds like an awesome day! I am so jealous.

Bombshell Char said...

Summer dresses and Cougar wins. I agree, nothing could be better.

Katrina said...

Sounds like an awesome day!

Mandi Roth said...

What an amazing day! sorry i am a little behind on reading blogs. Love this post!!