Any suggestions of sites where I can find some cute, unique fabric? I am looking for inspiration, and hopefully a decent price. I'm wanting to make a little blankie for baby girl, and perhaps other things as well.
Also, I am looking for some good reading. Just read "The Help" and loved it. Any other excellent books you've read lately?
ALSO, I am looking for some simple yet productive projects I can work on while...sitting on the couch. This past week, I've been made aware that my body is going to be needing me to take it a bit easier while I'm pregnant; that is, if I wish to remain pregnant for as long as I should be. So very unfortunately, it looks like I'll be doing a lot less than I'd like to be doing until this baby comes (July 1). Instead of sulk, I'd rather have something to be working on. I've considered crocheting, but it seems kind of tricky. I've watched some things online, but I'm better at learning from a live human. Any other suggestions?
Perhaps geneology? Journaling? And this is where your suggestions come in. Thanks!
6 years ago
6 comments:
I'd check out Etsy.com for fabric. Lots of people sell fabric. ReproDepot.com has some fun stuff and they do sales regularly.
One of my favorite books is "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer. Intense but great.
I've never done crocheting but I found knitting fun and relaxing. Genealogy is one of my faves. What about water colors? Not expensive and helps get the creative juices flowing.
If you need anything at all let me know! I'm just around the corner!
You should talk to Melanie Noe! She's got all the info on fabric I'm sure.
You could do indexing. I haven't started doing this yet, but everyone I've talked to who has says it's really interesting and almost addicting. My mother-in-law says it's so fun to decipher the handwriting and imagine the stories of each of the people's names.
I like to make beaded jewelry and, of course, hair bows.
Robert Kaufman Fabrics
http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/sophie_flannel/
Amy Butler Fabric (my fav)
http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/
Sandi Henderson Fabric
Great Designers! I'm sure you can buy most of their stuff online. I know that gets tricky matching colors etc., but maybe you'll just get some inspiration.
Applique is something I eventually want to learn. So fun for quilts, or aprons, or wall hangings or decorative pillows... I'm not getting to it anytime soon, but thought I'd pass along the idea.
Genealogy is a great one too!
Sorry to hear you'll be sitting around. Wish we could come keep you company!
thanks for the wonderful ideas, ladies! i'll be checking out those sites/books/ideas. appreciate the imput :)
As stated by some of your friends, etsy is a great place to find fabric. I really like one of the sellers 'fabricworm' they bunch different fabrics together that look really great.
I say good for you listening to your body!! I second etsy for fabric:) There are so many good sellers on there!! At the risk of repetion I love: Amy Bulter, Anna Marie Horner, Michael Miller, Alexander Henry and Robert Kaufman just to name a few. If you are looking for specific colors or themes let me know and I can give you more detailed info:) Do show us what you come up with!!
Post a Comment