At least when it comes to getting crafty with food, that is.
So we have a little container of leftover icing from a cake we made a week or so ago, and the other day I shared with the girls the deliciousness that is icing on graham crackers as a treat. Obviously, they love it. (What's not to love?)
So today after lunch, they ask for a graham cracker with icing, and as I'm complying with their request, Sydney asks:
"Mom, you know what would make this even better?"
And for those of you who know Nate well, you know I was just laughing inside because I've heard this from his mouth more times than I could ever count. When we were first married, he used to make comments like this during/after every single meal I made, and I allowed it to get under my skin. Finally, we hashed it all out one night, and I realized he wasn't trying to be negative or picky, he honestly just loves food and enjoys thinking about ways to make it even more to his liking. Nothing wrong with that.
So back to Sydney. Of course, I asked what could make this treat even better, and she answers:
"If we drizzle just a little bit of chocolate syrup on it."
Of course! And then, the floodgates were opened and she proceeds to mention numerous other sweet things we could add. I told her a little syrup would be fine for today.
*One of the other creations she is famous for is peanut butter graham cracker sandwiches (because she does not like eating bread - what an oddball, I know), made tastier with Nutella instead of pb; and then, we went even farther and made s'mores in the oven with graham crackers, nutella, and marshmellows. All very yummy, although probably not the healthiest snacks around...Gotta love that girl!
6 years ago
3 comments:
That is so classic! The good thing about people like Nate is that they usually come up with some pretty awesome ideas...way to go Syd!
Chris sounds so much like Nate, maybe that's because they are cousins. =) Ijust laughed about you hashing it out at the begining of your marriage, because same thing happened to us.
She definitely is her daddy's daughter :) Love and miss you guys so much. By the way, Ky loved getting that email from Sydney with the special graham cracker recipe. She's the cutest :)
Post a Comment