Friday, July 23, 2010

On my brain

A few things on my mind lately:

*The beach. We get to go twice in the next month, once with Nate's family and once with mine. I know the girls will be loving the beach time this year, and personally I am really ready for a change of scenery, too. Been feeling pretty homebound lately, so the ocean, sand and relaxation together as a family sounds wonderful.

*If my children reserve the right to occasionally be OCD or have split personalities, does that mean as a parent I get to reserve the right to be like that, too?

*My kids grow up too fast! Sydney starts first grade next month, and that just blows my mind. Gotta fit back-to-school shopping in somewhere during the next month. Holly is such a big little girl, no longer my squishy little toddler. Always surprising me with the grown-up things she says. And my baby is 5 weeks old! I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops when she turned a month old - that first month is wonderful, but so tiring. And I'll be thrilled when she gets to be 2 months. But after about 4 months, I won't want her to get too much older. :)

*I love my husband. He's amazing. I don't deserve him!

*I will be so psyched when Emily starts sleeping through the night!!

1 comments:

The Sorensens said...

I hear you on the growing up too fast thing. I feel that way about each of my kids. Tonight we had company over. They are expecting their first and when I told them how sad I was about Ava growing up so fast they didn't seem to get it. They will!

Jump in a wave for me!