I can't get enough of my girls! Cuties. They were so excited for this day!
Striking a birthday pose. This was post-mani, pre-pedi.
The birthday girl, reveling in her presents from us. Don't be too envious: Rub-a-Dub-Dub-Paint-in-the-Tub is a total rip off; but she enjoys it, so it's all good.
Talk about the royal treatment! Sydney's actual birthday included: breakfast in bed (german pancakes & bacon); mini-mani's & pedi's courtesy of yours truly; playing with birthday gifts; lunch at the Olive Garden with two of her Grandma's, Karalyn & Holly; and a beautiful cake (made by a talented and kind neighbor friend) plus an ice cream bar informal party with family. Whew! Grammie & Bumpa took Sydney & Holly to IHOP (Sydney's choice) for a pre-birthday lunch while they were in town. And several days after Sydney's birthday, she had a dance party with some of her girlfriends from her class at church and her kindergarten class from school. That dance party was just what we had in mind, and I think the girls all had a great time. Major thanks and love go to Karalyn, Nate's sister, who did an amazing job instructing/playing with the girls in the dance room for almost an hour! It was so fun to watch.
Wow, Sydney sure knows how to celebrate an event. I kid you not when I tell you this day - her 6th birthday - has been in the works since July 8th, 2009, the day after she turned 5. Needless to say, I'm going to enjoy taking a little birthday break. Until July 26th, of course, when my far less high-maintenance husband will celebrate his birthday! ;)
6 years ago
4 comments:
Um, you forgot to mention the totally awesome and age-appropriate Star Wars comic magazine from Sydney's favorite aunt!!
That birthday really is amazing. You are an incredible mom and it's so fun to see and hear about all the love you guys have in your family :) It was so great to be there for her cute dance party. Happy b-day, Sydness!
What is it with this age and play-do? Millie got the ice cream play-do set for her 6th birthday in March.
That first picture of the girls is the cutest thing ever!! Frame worthy for sure. I'm glad Sydney had a great #6!
Congrats!!! She is soooo big.
Post a Comment