So I haven't been too inspired with awesome blog posts lately, but we are still alive and well. Here's what we've been up to lately:
Holly: Playing Princess Aurora, which basically means pretending to cry - hands on face, the whole nine yards (excpet with a huge smile on her face the whole time), climbing the stairs and running to Sydney's bed where she "sobs" on her pillow - and then of course dancing around in dress-ups. Also, she is being exceedingly picky in her eating habits. She continues to love Elmo, "reading" books, playing with baby dolls, and following Sydney around. She is such a sweetheart, I swear I could eat her up. The girls are playing well together these days, which is encouraging.
Sydney: I cut her back to only one day of preschool instead of 2, so I am looking for a physical activity she can participate in through the YMCA or something. Maybe swimming or gymnastics or something. She loves to draw, draw, draw and practices "writing" all the time. She has started reading, which is so exciting for her and for Nate and I. She still talks/sings 98% of her waking hours.
Liz: Still busy, though not as organized as I could be, as the Wolves Den leader, playing piano for Primary, and teaching piano lessons. Mostly, I have been putting plans into action as far as getting our home "market-ready" - our target date to have the home on the market is Feb. 1. Most recently, we've repainted our kitchen and moved many items of furniture around. Organizing, sorting, boxing things up - there's been a lot of that already and lots more to come. I'm trying not to stress myself our over this, but it is a lot of work.
Nate: He deserves far more credit than I could ever give him with the amount of "honey-do" things he's been working on lately. Honestly, I know this man loves me because he is working hard with me and for our family. I love you, honey!! He is also enjoying only 4 classes this semster and an externiship at the U.S. Attorney's office downtown, for which he is not paid but gets class credit. Also, he is keeping busy in church-related service.
Anyway, that's the update. Not a very flashy or creative post, but that's the reason why I haven't been posting much lately. Preview of coming attractions: I plan on taking some pictures of the way the house comes together.
6 years ago
9 comments:
The externship at the USAO sounds like a cool deal. You'll have to tell me more about it later.
Yay can't wait to see how the house is.. I have felt the same way a little with the blogging, glad you updated on how everyone is. You are a very busy girl!!
Syd is learning to read? I shouldn't be surprised, she's so smart :) Can't wait to see your kitchen.
I know what you mean, we have all been couped up in the cold weather and not in the mood for blogs, right? I am with ya, I just got caught up myself.
I had to laugh at Sydney talking and singing for 98% of her waking hours! At least I know I'm not the only one who has a four year old that jabbers from morning til' night. I have never heard of such funny, interesting and creative stories that kind of mesh into each other and go throughout the whole day. Once I think Presley forgets about a particuliar story....well, what do you know? I hear her telling it all over to Emmett AGAIN (poor guy sometimes!!) They are so funny at this age- everything is so DRAMATIC!!
What a precious prayer from Holly, and I would love to see that Princess Aurora crying thing! You have to get that on tape...too cute...Can't believe Sydney is reading!! What a fun time to be a mom :)
I'm excited to see the house update!
Liz! Wow, it's been awhile. I found your blog from Missy. Your family is beautiful!
I was just thinking about you the other night as I was reading a story out of the Disney book you gave me for my birthday on the mission. It seems like forever ago. Anyway, I hope to keep in touch!
Hello there, is this Sister Liz Mckinley? This is Melodee Seaman from Key West! How are you? I got your blog address form Missy. She found me on facebook! You have a Beautiful Family! I would love to hear from you and all about your life! My email address is melodee.seaman@gmail.com
Love, Melodee and Family
I love stalking your family on blogs. Sounds busy, fun and exciting. A new adventure coming up. VEGAS baby! We are going there May 4 for Lauren's comp for dance. When are you heading out?
Post a Comment