Still no pictures (sorry), but here's what we're up to these days:
Nate: Had a birthday today! Happy Birthday Nate! It was a quiet day, just the usual traditions: he picked what we had for dinner/dessert, and he got a homemade sign and a couple of small things. I am so grateful for him, he is such a wonderful man, husband and father. Lucky me! Unlucky him: he takes the Nevada State Bar exam Tuesday - Thursday of THIS WEEK. Send the good karma our way!!
Sydney: Had a birthday July 7th and turned 5. (I feel like all in my free evening time is spent making posters for people!) Sydney is loving all the cousin interaction/playtime she is getting lately. She especially loves spending time with her cousin Brooklyn, and when those two get together they have a blast. Tomorrow Sydney starts a 3-day camp called Fairytale Kamp, put on by a group called Hollywood Kids Academy. She'll get a taste of putting all her playing pretend/acting skills, singing skills, and general theatrical flair to good use as they spend time learning parts to act out different fairy tales on stage - there will be costumes, basic song/dance instruction, the whole 9 yards. I am afraid she will love it too much. But let's face it, that's ultimately her future anyway, so in the immortal words of REO Speedwagon, "we can't fight this feeling anymore." Go Sydney!
Holly: Staying busy and happy. This little girl is a great little traveler, she has been wonderful on all of our adventures this summer. Unlike her olders sister, she entertains herself wonderfully, which makes me feel almost guilty when I see her having such a ball without me. She is really getting into playing pretend, and she also loves instigating giggly wrestling matches with Sydney. We can't get enough of her.
Liz: Hey, I'm just along for the ride. I am trying to keep us occupied with regular trips to splash pads & parks, indoor play areas, pools, libraries and various family domiciles. :) We have begun looking at homes to rent, but of course we are waiting until our house officially closes before we commit to anything. We have found some promising options, and we trust something perfect will be available when the timing is right. Learning a lot about patience this summer. Very grateful for supportive family and friends.
Seriously, I know we are ghetto for no pictures. Until our computer gets set up or we buy a new camera, verbal updates are what we've got to offer! We love checking up on everyone and keeping in touch, so keep up with your blog posts!
6 years ago
1 comments:
Happy Birthday Nate and good luck on the Bar!!!
Post a Comment