Monday, November 24, 2008

Leaves are falling all around...

Nate's parents and Grandma Christensen came for a quick visit last week. Although they were only in town for a couple of days, we loved every minute we had with them. In preparation for their visit, we did a little raking in the backyard - let me emphasize little. We have only one deciduous tree, a gorgeous flaming maple, and it allows just the right amount of leaves for us to rake into a couple of small piles for the girls to enjoy. Our main activity out of the house during our family's visit was a drive out to Shaker Village, which is even charming in freezing weather. We loved being together. Thanks for making the trip! We miss you already!

5 comments:

familyof4 said...

You look so Pretty in that top picture. I'm loving those bangs! Miss you!!

Mandi said...

Looks like a ton of fun!! I'm glad you got some visitors..

Schagel Family said...

It is always fun when the kids get to visit with grandparents.
I love your new family picture. You guys look so great. What cute girls!!!

Jared & Larisa said...

OK, your girls look ridiculously PRECIOUS all bundled up in their cute jackets, hats, mittens ... pinch pinch pinch! And congrats on gracefully turning 30 :) PS. I love your new family photo, you guys look so great!

Doug and Betty Jo McKinlay said...

I "love" your slide show of the girls - it even reminds me of West Simsbury and our raking - remember - we chopped down 300 trees for the swimming pool? Remember when the wagon of leaves turned over going down our driveway? And, here you are making sweet, sweet memories with your absolutely adorable little girls. Oh, I love and miss them so much! Love you, Mom, AKA Grammie