Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cincinnati Zoo, take 2

Yes, this is our 2nd time to the Cincinnati Zoo - the first time was almost exactly 2 years ago - Sydney was 2 1/2 and I was 7.5 mos pregnant with Holly. Both times have been right around Christmas, and it's been great both times. This time, the theme seemed to be "How all these animals relate to Narnia." (If you haven't yet seen the first Narnia movie, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, you'll feel a bit out-of-the-loop on this post.) Sydney had a great time with this little game: there were the polar bears (always a hit - although now they have a bit of a dark attraction about them because they are on the White Witch's side), the cheetahs (they are on Aslan's side so they are good), the wolves (very bad - the White Witch's main sidekick is an evil wolf called Maugrim), and of course the great lion (Aslan himself). Also we have to give props to the bug House (believe it or not, I think this was Nate's favorite spot), the reptiles (Sydney loves them because I am mortally terrified of them), the zeebras, the elephants, the giraffes, and the manatees (for some reason, Sydney was quite intrigued with them today). Three cheers for the animal kingdom!

2 comments:

Jared & Larisa said...

You guys are definitely doing a lot of awesome things during your Christmas break! I love your bowling and zoo pics (glad to finally see one with you in it) :)

And of course, Christmas!! Looks like Santa treated you all well ... especially Sydness with that 12 pack of princess barbies. And by the way, I need to see Holly ASAP so I can squeeze her. She is the cutest! Is she a clone of you or what? Loves!

McKinlay Family said...

Sydney seemed unusually close to the Lion. Freaked me out a bit. I am a bah-humbug. I don't like the zoo. But my kids love it, so we go. You know, the Mom thing. Love your blog. xoxo