What a day Wednesday turned out to be!
Wednesday began not unlike too many other Wednesdays as of late: woke up from an uncomfortable night's sleep, attempted to get through pesky morning nausea, and rushed to make it to a dr. appt across town (why? what's the point of those weekly visits, anyway?). At the appt my dr. said, "You seem miserable" and truly, I felt miserable all day.
We had a family get-together planned for that evening at Nate's Grandma's house, where the kids were swimming with cousins & we'd all be eating pizza for dinner. (Luckily, I was not planning on swimming, and I didn't get the chance to eat any pizza!) Around 5:45 I went to the bathroom and lo and behold, I was losing blood. I tried not to be alarmed at the amount and the rate of blood loss, but quite frankly I was very anxious. Nate & I acted very quickly, along with the aid of a few family members. He & I rushed out the door with only my purse and some towels to sit on and drove to the hospital where I was registered. Incidentally, I had just registered a couple of days beforehand - at least I had accomplished something in time for her arrival!
We arrived at the hospital by 6:15 pm; I was hooked up to IVs by 6:30ish; my OB arrived by 7ish; anesthesiologist arrived by 7:20ish; we were in the OR by 7:30 with all medications/preps done by 7:45; baby delivered at 7:56 pm! It all happened so fast. We were a bit overwhelmed by it all. But the outcome could not have been better!
And so now here we are, blessed with another sweet girl, and we decided the name that fits her best is Emily Maren. She was 7 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long at birth. She is simply adorable, and it has truly felt like a little slice of heaven spending these past couple of days with her, falling more and more in love with her every minute. Nate got to spend most of the day with me here on Thursday, and oh how I appreciated that. Emily & I came home Saturday morning, and it has been so nice to get settled in back at home as a family.
We love her so much, and we couldn't be happier!
6 years ago
6 comments:
Hooray for Super Momma!
We loved looking through the slide show at the growing J Crew catalog cast. You have such a beautiful, happy family. Love you and can't wait for Summer Vacay 2010.
- Deanna, Lance and Luigi
i am so happy that she is here safe and sound! She must have just been ready to come out! congrats, she is just beautiful!
So happy for you guys!! What a day huh?? glad all went well and can't wait to see you. She's here and your doing well. So glad!!!
what a beautiful family - and congratulations on a new little baby girl. I love to 'check in' from time to time and see how you are all doing.
michelle dudley
This is Grammie signing in as you again - I love your account and am so very thankful that many prayers were answered in that Emily was born well and healthy and you are recovering well. I'm so thankful!
It was fun (and a little scary I'll admit) to be there that night. So glad that beautiful girl is here.
Post a Comment