Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What do you love about it?

Some of you may be familiar with that line from the movie "The Saint" with Val Kilmer - used to be a favorite movie of mine back in the day. I was reminded of that line when today Sydney kept asking me what I loved about things. It all started after a trip to the library, where I have the girls get a bunch of books and 1-2 movies each visit. This trip, Sydney choose the movie "Fern Gully" as one of her movies to borrow.

"Mom, what do you love about the movie "Fern Gully?"
"Not much, it's not my favorite movie."
"But Mom, what do you love about it?"
"Well, I love that it has a lot of bright colors in it."
"Do you love Maggie's dress?"
"Yes, it's very pretty."

Later that same car ride home...

"Mom, what do you love about everything in the world?"
"Hhhmmm. I love spaghetti and meatballs, chocolate, movies, reading books, being outside, Daddy, you, Holly, all of our family, flowers..."

Later tonight...

"Mom, what do you love about Indians?" (Don't ask me where that came from.)
"I love that they used things from nature in everything they have - their jewelry, their houses, their art, their clothes. What do you love about Indians?"
"Pocohantas."

A few minutes ago...

"Mom, what do you love about me?" (Actually, she asks this of me on a regular basis.)

She cracks me up! I really love her.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

How sweet! I thought it was so cute when you told her that "Fern Gully" was not your favorite movie and she did not accept that answer. She knew their had to be something you loved :)

Jared & Larisa said...

Want to know what I love? Being your sister! Totally cheesey, but totally true. Syd-ness is the best! Today Kyser was naming all his friends and Syd was right up there. We need to visit soon.

Anonymous said...

Awww that's really cute!! She is a doll!!

Doug and Betty Jo McKinlay said...

I love being your Mommie and Sydney and Holly's Grammie and Nate's Mom-in-law! Such adorable and creative grandchildren and such a talented daughter and magnificent son! Mom