Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How the House Gets Messy

For those of you who were wondering, I thought I'd let you know. Sydney enlightened me this evening over dinner:

"Mom, how does the house get messy?"
"I don't know Sydney, how do you think it gets messy?"
"We clean it just before bed, and you try to clean it all day. So at night a Bear must come into the house and say, 'Hhmm, this house is so clean, I'm going to mess it up!' And then he messes it all up and we wake up in the morning and it's messy. Then we clean it, then he comes back."
"But Sydney, how does the Bear get into our house?"
"He has a secret key."
"Does the Bear have a name?"
"Mr. Mess."

And there you have it. (No, there is no other possible way our house could get messy, that is the most logical conclusion!) Gotta love the preschool brain at work.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable, and funny.. She is a cutie.. Gotta love their minds.

The White Family said...

I think there's more than one Mr. Mess at our house, one bear could not make such a mess by himself? :)

Ammon and Brooke said...

I have been wondering how my house gets so messy all the time and thanks to Sydney now I know. Such a relief to know it's not us making the mess. It's always more fun to blame it on others.

Jared & Larisa said...

Tell me about it! We need to find this Mr. Mess bear and have a serious talk. He's causing problems everywhere (except here, my house is SPOTLESS)

Brig said...

How thoughtful of you to ask if the bear has a name.

Maybe you could ask Sydney what you could do to keep Mr. Mess away, then share the tips with the rest of us?

Is there anything he's scared of? Anything he hates the smell of? (It's obvious to me that he doesn't mind the smell of little boys, since he visits my boys' rooms frequently!)

Larsen Mom said...

There's definatly a family of bears at our house!
Do you have family north of Provo? The girl living in the house behind us reminds me so much of you. If she's not related to you she sure could be.

Em and Jorg said...

Well, THAT explains the messes around here!!!

xoxoxo

Jared and Niki said...

How cute! She is such a doll! I can just hear her saying that!

The Sorensens said...

Ha Ha!!! We must have a Mr. MEssy at our house too!