Monday, October 20, 2008

Newport at the Levee


Newport at the Levee was recommended to us by our great friends, the C's, aka Noah & Melissa. We had a blast. This is a great spot located on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River, just across from Cincinnati. The girls loved the aquarium, and it was a lot of fun for us, too. Sydney loved "petting" the sharks, Nate & I loved the last part where you walk underneath the shark tank and get amazing views, and Holly loved all the fish, "turtles!" and the frogs. The drive up and back was also gorgeous, the golds and oranges looked fantastic in spots.

I just love this picture of the ray right over Nate's head! Funny. Amazingly, he survived this close encounter.

8 comments:

McKinlay Family said...

adorable family... looks like a great family getaway. Can I have just one of your girls. Either one, I'm not fussy.

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Okay, I just read this and realized how incredibly close we live to each other. Google maps says it's only 6 hours from Lansing to Lexinton. Crazy! We'll have to come see you or vice versa. I'm really craving some family right about now.

Unknown said...

Love your latest blogs... You make Kentucky seem like a very desirable place to live! Way to find all the fun hot spots and enjoy them with your family.
And your little girls get cuter and cuter every day... Is that even possible?!
Take care,
Deanna:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Your girls are so precious. Love the Halloween pics also.

Schagel Family said...

I love the pictures. It looks like you guys had a blast.
I love the messy house story. It made me laugh so hard.

Jeri said...

We go to the aquarium every year on the day after Christmas. It is totally empty and the girls LOVE it. Love the pics.

Jared & Larisa said...

Where's the picture of the funny-named park you told me about??

Julina said...

I love your hair cut in the one picture you're in! It's really cute...